Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York

Vše o kvalitě vydavatelství, nahrávek i nosičů (CD,SACD,DVD,Bluray,Vinyl).
Odpovědět
Frogyman

Nirvana - MTV Unplugged In New York

Příspěvek od Frogyman »

1. listopadu vychází k 25.výročí tohoto ikonického alba 2LP 180g. Tak jej nejspíš doplním do sbírky, protože zatím jsem vinylu odolával. Nahrávku mám totiž rád na DVD a bez obrazu už " to není ono". Jen škoda, že se nejspíš nedočkáme nikdy vydání na bluray, protože to bylo údajně natočeno jako 480p a i zvuk šel na DVD do maxima.

Obrázek

komet ze stránek musicdirect.com:

25th Anniversary 180g Vinyl 2LP Reissue Expanded with Five Rehearsal Performances and Exclusive Gatefold Jacket!
Nirvana's MTV Unplugged in New York is reissued on 180g vinyl 2LP in celebration of the landmark record's 25th anniversary in November 2019. Expanded to include five rehearsal performances previously only available on the DVD edition, the anniversary release also features an exclusive gatefold jacket adorned with anniversary silver foil detail on the front and back cover.

1994's Unplugged In New York was the last Nirvana collection recorded before the suicide of alternative-rock icon Kurt Cobain and its stripped down, neo-acoustic arrangements and bridled fury caught many fans by surprise. However, the emotion and anguish revealed through the intimate performances here end up offering a new appreciation for the nuances of one of the greatest and most revered bands of their era, one that may have been on the verge of discovering a new sound and style. Standout tracks include stirring renditions of the Meat Puppets' "Plateau," "Oh, Me" and "Lake of Fire," the Vaselines' "Jesus Doesn't Want Me for a Sunbeam," David Bowie's "The Man Who Sold the World" and Leadbelly's "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" along with band classics like "About A Girl," "Come As Your Are," "Pennyroyal Tea," and "All Apologies."

"Nirvana shine brightly on this striking live set because the volume is turned down just low enough to let Kurt Cobain's tortured vulnerability glow. The powerful, reverent covers of Lead Belly, David Bowie and (three) Meat Puppets songs sum up Nirvana as a haunted, theatrical and, ultimately, truly raw band." - No. 313 on Rolling Stone's '500 Greatest Albums of All Time'

Tracklist
LP1
1 About A Girl (Live Version)
2 Come As You Are (Live Version)
3 Jesus Doesn't Want Me For A Sunbeam (Live Version)
4 The Man Who Sold The World (Live Version)
5 Pennyroyal Tea (Live Version)
6 Dumb (Live Version)
7 Polly (Live Version)
8 On A Plain (Live Version)
9 Something In The Way (Live Version)

LP2
1 Plateau (Live Version)
2 Oh Me (Live Version)
3 Lake Of Fire (Live Version)
4 All Apologies (Live Version)
5 Where Did You Sleep Last Night (Live Version)
6 Come As You Are (Rehearsal)
7 Polly (Rehearsal)
8 Plateau (Rehearsal)
9 Pennyroyal Tea (Rehearsal)
10 The Man Who Sold The World (Rehearsal)
TT:Oracle,Garrard,Technics; TA:Glanz,Graham,FR64S,Thomas Schick; Přenosky:MySonicLab,SPU,Ortofon,Miyajima,Denon; Železo:Brinkmann,SculptureA,Consolidated,EAR,TRON,PRIMARE; Repro:Xavian; BIŽU:GMG,Furutech,AQ,Townshend,VDH,Balkan,Čajna
Odpovědět