Prog rock

soundgarden

Re: Prog rock

Příspěvek od soundgarden »

STEVEN WILSON REMIXES
FB_IMG_1493758552272.jpg
This time last year I was asked to create a 5.1 mix of the classic mid 80's number one album "Misplaced Childhood" by my buddies Marillion, and I'm happy to hear this mix will now be included on blu-ray as part of a special 5 disc deluxe edition, scheduled for 9th July on Parlophone. Also included is a remix of B-side "Lady Nina", in both stereo and 5.1 (the main album remix only appears in 5.1 form). I understand Parlophone / Warner Music Group plan to issue all 8 of the bands EMI era albums in similar form, but please note that I won't be doing 5.1 mixes for all these, alas I simply don't have the time, but I do have the tapes for Brave, and plan to do that one when I can (if you know the album I'm sure you'll agree with me that it should sound pretty epic in surround if I don't mess it up!)

Not everyone will be aware of my history with Marillion. The short version is that in 1980 when I was 12 years old, completely by chance I attended their first ever concert at the Berkhamstead Civic Centre, literally only a few miles from where I was growing up in Hemel Hempstead. I went along with some friends to see local punk band The Chiltern Volcanos, who we were told were sharing the bill with a band called Marilyn (sic). Anyway, needless to say I loved what "Marilyn" were doing, and from then on started to follow their progress (only Steve Rothery remains from the band I saw that evening). Often compared to Genesis, I personally think they quickly outgrew the comparison and were more successful in incorporating a natural pop sensibility into their progressive rock stylings than the former band (whom I have never been much of a fan anyway, despite loving the solo work of Steve Hackett and Peter Gabriel). This reached a peak on Misplaced Childhood, which despite being a 40 minute long conceptual work, spawned several hit singles, including mega-hit Kayleigh. It's also my opinion that the album features some of the finest rock lyrics ever written. If you plan to pick it up I really hope you enjoy the 5.1 interpretation!
Nemáte oprávnění prohlížet přiložené soubory.
jirie

Re: Prog rock

Příspěvek od jirie »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
ALE
Škoda, že je to ve stereo jen remaster byť v HiRes, ale počkám si, protože S.W. je zkrátka machr a dá se očekávat špičková kvalita.

Pro milovníky vinylu je tu ještě jedna maličkost:
http://www.marillion.com/shop/albums/mi ... eVinyl.htm
Odpovědět