Aries Cerat

Obecná diskuze o jednotlivých Hifi značkách (Accuphase, dCS, ProAc apod.).
Odpovědět
zappa

Aries Cerat

Příspěvek od zappa » 01 led 2021 21:55

Protože to je Highend forum, pak by bylo vhodné upozornit na jednu převelice zajímavou firmu Aries Cerat z Kypru. Zvláště jejich převodníky jsou zřejmě vysoká liga. Na fotce je jejich nejmenší DA převodník zvaný Helene, stojí na něm 3x dražší Lampizátor Pacific, Helene je však o 10 kg těžší, váží pouhých 40kg. :thumbup:
http://aries-cerat.eu/
Kass-Pac_front[1] (1).jpg
AFFB387F-1BC7-4D5D-9315-E9982F56B23A.jpeg
Nemáte oprávnění prohlížet přiložené soubory.
Tannoy Westminster Royal + SE-833 MX Challenge + Mola Mola Tambaqui + Pink Faun 2.16x/ultra + GMG Hammer + Sroll Purity Qunatum + SoTM sNH-10G switch( upgrade made by Pink Faun - interní wiring, clock,RFE protection) + SoTM sPS-500 PS

zappa

Re: Aries Cerat

Příspěvek od zappa » 01 led 2021 22:57

Tannoy Westminster Royal + SE-833 MX Challenge + Mola Mola Tambaqui + Pink Faun 2.16x/ultra + GMG Hammer + Sroll Purity Qunatum + SoTM sNH-10G switch( upgrade made by Pink Faun - interní wiring, clock,RFE protection) + SoTM sPS-500 PS

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 04 led 2021 11:52

Pro anglicky mluvící členy, stojí za to si přečíst úvahy a zkušenosti z převodníky Juliana z Aries Cerat distribuce ve Španělsku, zdá se, že ví o čem mluví, že jen tak nežvatlá jako mnozí prodejci, kteří tomu vlastně moc nerozumí. Jde o vynatek z komunikace se mnou z minulých dnů ;)
Your Mola reminds me of how I feet about the DAVE, then later the CH Precision. Those DACs do some things really well.

BTW I own a Moon 600i MK 2 amplifier, which I use to power my Abyss headphones out of the DAVE, in my second system, which is in a smaller room.

The Abyss is planar magnetic and needs a LOT of power, so the output off the DAVE, though great, is not quite powerful enough. on the headphone output.

My opinion is the Mola Mola is better than your Moon DAC, but not up to the DAVE, which is behind the CH Precision, behind the Lampizator, and very behind the Helena.

The gap in cost is not too big between my price for the Helena, I have given a discount on it. Aries Cerat never give more than 10% ever, it is not allowed. The gap between build cost v sale price
is not big on all Aries Cerat models. You can see the size and weight of the Helena. Even shipping costs more as it is so big.

I have bought and sold a lot of audio over the years. I used to have a full level 5 Audio Note system, and know Peter Q and Audio Note well, visited the factory, been to hear his system in his house.

I can tell you, the Audio Note DAC 5 which I used to own, and costs 26K is behind the Helena. The DAC 5 is an interesting DAC, tubed output, tube power supply, AD1865 chip (only one chip).

But the Helena beats that DAC, and that’s why I sold mine, and the rest of my Audio Note amps and pre-amp, to go full Aries Cerat. The performance is beyond level 5, yet the price is 1/4 of Audio Note.

The Helena will give you more of everything, more drive, more realism. R2R tube DACs also have incredible detail in the bass region, textures I never noticed before. The mids are what you would expect from a top SET amplifier or top tube preamplifier. Treble is so sweet and detailed, it is the R2R and the tube output.

This difference is what you will get with the Helena. You have good amps and speakers, so you will hear it.

Kind regards

Julian

Hello Michael

I understand.

The Helena is a very different DAC to the Mola Mola, which is heading towards a more traditional up sampling and filtered DAC chip.

I have tested so many modern multi bit Delta Sigma and Sabre chip DACs, as well as FPGA DACs such as the Chord DAVE with Blue Upsampler. The sound of these designs is good,
and get you part way there. But it has a lot lacking, if we compare the sound to a great R2R DAC with tubes. It is a different sound.

Most of the DACs I tested were on 4 hour demos, but some were many weeks. I have the Chord DAVE here, and use it for headphone use. It is not a Helena though, no question.

I would put the Chord DAVE against any modern chipset DAC, cost no object. I prefer it to the dCS Vivaldi, and it is a LOT better than the dCS Bartok.

The CH Precision is better than the DAVE, not by much but is better. And I really considered being a dealer for CH Precision. But I found after a few weeks I got bored of it. It is hard to describe, there is a form of synthetic sound to modern chip sets. They are dynamic, and have all the details, but the way they present that is quite plastic and unnatural. On EDM it is not noticeable, but as we move to classical, piano, female vocals, unplugged Jazz, Flamenco live recordings, it becomes very obvious. As I like that type of music, I can’t accept that type of sound.

The Helena uses the classic AD1865 chip, which is a no upsampling NOS chip capable of 96K bit depth. Many regard it as the best sounding chip ever made. But when it is ganged up as in the Helena it can do 384K 32 bit, so full resolution as a complete digital engine. It can also do DSD to PCM. CD Redbook is 44.1 16 bit, so well below 384K 32 bit. Most studio masters are not above 384K 32 bit, and there is no chance anything that big will ever become comercially available. The bottle neck to sound is not just the data depth, it resides in the way the data is handled, the integrity of the power suply in the DAC, and the gain stage. 95% of DACs have simple op amps in the gain stage, very disappointing.

Playing high resolution data in it’s resident resolution sounds marvellous. Upsampling 44.1 or 96K to 384K does not, it sounds worse.

The data set of music files is 95% PCM format. So with the Helena music from streaming is not re-sampled or converted to another format, it is played straight through. Converting PCM to DSD increases noise and loosing sound quality. It smooths things over and can initially sound nice, like a turntable a bit. Lampizator did this route for a while, but have since dropped it. PCM converted to 1 bit high Mhz data, it has to have a filter added, this is the problem, It measures well in the Lab but sounds worse. It is far better to play with no upsampling, no filter.

The CH Precision was an R2R DAC, with 4 chips per channel. But it then up sampled the data and had a filter. So it lost much of the R2R magic, but was better than a typical Sable or DS DAC. But not a pure R2R DAC in terms of a natural sound and body to the midrange, mass to the notes and seperation to the instruments.

Modern chip sets have upsampling to try to reduce the negative effects of digital filtering. And they have digital filtering to ‘fix’ the wave form of CD 44.1K data. The problem is the damage a digital filter does, and the further damage upsamping the data does has a negative effect on the sound. I can clearly hear it. Thus the ‘fix’ they claim they need for 44.1 is loosing a lot in sonic performance. It is simply not required at all.

The Mola Mola is a nice DAC for it’s sector, but it is not high end in my opinion. If you wanted a modern chipset DAC I would say buy the DAVE, it will beat the Mola Mola no question. You can get a DAVE for 8K.

I would put the Helena in the analogue / tube amps category of DACs, where the gain stage and power supply is very important to the sound. There are others in this category as well, Lampizator, Audio Note for example. The Helena is the best of this group, no question in my mind and to my ears. All the Aries Cerat DACs are superbly natural sounding DACs. They have zero fatigue, and are very un-digital in sound.

I am sure you will be super happy with the Helena. It is end game, SOTA performance, no question.

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 04 led 2021 11:59

Jěště pro anglicky mluvící, které zajímá to nejlepší z highendu, toto je vlákno o Helene převodníku
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/ ... dac.28421/

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 06 led 2021 01:15

Omlouvám se Lampizator Pacific je dražší než Helene v základní řadě pouze o 8000 euro( tedy ne 3x dražší). Moje chyba.

Vienna

Příspěvek od Vienna » 06 led 2021 14:01

Já tedy nevím, mě z toho vychází tři věci:
Prodejce Aries Cerat tvrdí, že Aries Cerat je nejlepší.
Most of the DACs I tested were on 4 hour demos.
A celkový časový úsek, přes který Julian ty DACy (s velkou jistotou za v rozdilnych sestavach za rozdilnych podminek) slysel, je dalek toho, aby je mohl vzajemne alespon trochu objektivne srovnat.

Jsi se nedavno stejnym zpusobem nadchnul pro Shinai...

PavelDosko

Příspěvek od PavelDosko » 06 led 2021 14:22

jednou vyzkouset je vic nez 100x cist
AMP : PMA PA4 Big Brother, passive Big Hattor Dual Mono
DAC : SPaudio D1
repro : BestIA 3p
kabely :DIY silver XLR, Viablue,iFi Mercury3.0,Gemini Dual
transport NUC (Daphile), iFi iGalvanic3, iUSB3
energy : RiAudio, iUSBPower, 3x LPSU

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 06 led 2021 17:20

PavelDosko píše:
06 led 2021 14:22
jednou vyzkouset je vic nez 100x cist
:thumbup: To jo, ale nikdo to tady nemá. A tak někdy musí hodně číst uživatele, testy, někdy i mezi řádky.

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 06 led 2021 17:30

Vienna píše:
06 led 2021 14:01
Já tedy nevím, mě z toho vychází tři věci:
Prodejce Aries Cerat tvrdí, že Aries Cerat je nejlepší.
Most of the DACs I tested were on 4 hour demos.
A celkový časový úsek, přes který Julian ty DACy (s velkou jistotou za v rozdilnych sestavach za rozdilnych podminek) slysel, je dalek toho, aby je mohl vzajemne alespon trochu objektivne srovnat.

Jsi se nedavno stejnym zpusobem nadchnul pro Shinai...
Shinai je výborný, ale Challengers se mi líbí víc. Shinai jsem chtěl mít jako druhý stroj a hlavně, ten output(který se dá z přenastavit z jednoho z výstupů) se nedá ovládat jako předzes, což mne zklamalo, prodejci toto nevěděli, ale to už jsem vysvětloval jinde.

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 11 led 2021 23:17

Aries Cerat v plné palbě, i s jejich repro. Mnichov 2019 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex1sv9 ... =MoizAudio

Minstrel

Příspěvek od Minstrel » 12 led 2021 23:17

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 13 led 2021 15:05

zappa

Příspěvek od zappa » 13 led 2021 21:13

Odpovědět